Friday, March 2

passing inspection


And for my sister-in-law: a quillow!  Perhaps you remember the quillow I made for Luke's youngest sister a while back?  This Christmas I made one for the sister in the middle. 

I have been longing to make a Chinese coin quilt ever since I saw a beautiful one one Soule Mama last year.  It is such a simple way to frame and draw attention to favored fabric scraps.  And boy did I have fun choosing the scraps for this one!  I used all kinds of vintage pieces I had waiting for their time to shine, and then juxtaposed them with various Kona solids.

Ultimately I knew the only possibility for the pillow applique was a turtle.  My sis-in-law loves turtles...like a lot.  One time I walked into the living room and as she sat on the couch talking to me she held two tiny toy turtles in her hands...except that after about 5 minutes I realized they were walking...and that they were real live pet turtles.  Yep, she loves them.

Before I dared give away the quillow I had Wren scrutinize it and give her stamp of approval.  Thank goodness it passed inspection.

No comments:

Post a Comment