Monday, April 18

...28 weeks

Well hey there! It took a bit longer than expected, but internet access has now come to the new apartment. So prepare yourself for a handful of fun projects that I've been storing up over the last month.

As you can see in the above photo, the Little Oyster continues to ripen and grow, as does my stomach. We are just starting the 28th week: my pregnancy book claims I'm already in my 3rd trimester, but the midwife says I still have one more week to go. All I know is that my ankles and wrists are large and in charge, my midsection will soon be able to serve as a tv tray and the Oyster is making exercise a real priority while in utero.

Since I'm still arguably in the 2nd trimester I'm trying to get to some baby preparations that I might not have the energy or gumption to complete in a few weeks. One such project is the fitted crib sheet I mentioned a while back. I bought a queen-sized brown & white checked sheet from the thrift store on 50% off day. So much fabric for only $3!


When I started to cut out the pieces I needed I realized that each little checked box on the sheet measures 1/2" x 1/2", and all the measurements from the pattern I used were by the 1/4" or 1/2". Which means I was able to make all the seams and folds exactly equal and perfectly calculated. It was a dream come true! I've never been so fortunate to have such precision.

We have a few short months to go and I'm getting eager to get the baby's stuff set up in the new apartment. We've got the crib, we've got the mattress, we've got the sheets. Now it's just a matter of getting it all assembled and ready for the big day.

1 comment: