Tuesday, January 11

throwback



It's Busy Season once more at the book warehouse which can only mean one thing. Actually it means a few things. But mainly it means longer working hours and higher intensity work days. It also means I'm spending more time with my MP3 player than I have for quite some time.

I'm not the most technically savvy person, which was proven today when I figured out how to create a play-list right on my iPod! I started bragging to some friends about my discovery, but apparently they've known how to do it since like 2004. Which is ironic really, because 2004 is just about the time I was listening to the song I would like to share with the world today. Over the Rhine was a band that largely influenced my college experience serving as a soundtrack to some very formative years. I added this song to my play-list today and reminisced for a while.

It just so happens that the lyrics themselves are just beautiful, so I will leave you with that:

Born
Over the Rhine (Drunkard's Prayer)

I was born to laugh
I learned to laugh through my tears
I was born to love
I'm gonna learn to love without fear

Pour me a glass of wine
Talk deep into the night
Who knows what we'll find

Intuition, deja vu
The Holy Ghost haunting you
Whatever you got
I don't mind

Put your elbows on the table
I'll listen long as I am able
There's nowhere I'd rather be

Secret fears, the supernatural
Thank God for this new laughter
Thank God the joke's on me

We've seen the landfill rainbow
We've seen the junkyard of love
Baby it's no place for you and me

I was born to laugh
I learned to laugh through my tears
I was born to love
I'm gonna learn to love without fear

1 comment:

  1. I really like that song. I stole your CD and burned it a while back. It always seems to come up when I press random on my IPOD.

    ReplyDelete